Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Manoj Tiwari’s mom does not believe that he is contesting polls

The mother of Manoj Tiwari, the Bhojpuri star-turned-politician contesting on a BJP ticket from North East Delhi constituency, still feels that his son is campaigning for BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and his has not got any party ticket .

“My mother staying in Uttar Pradesh’s Varanasi believes that I am campaigning for Modi jee and I am not Jooth maat bol itna bada aadmi nahi hai tu’,” Tiwari said.

contesting election and I am telling lies to her. Whenever, I call her she replies over phone ‘
Interestingly, Tiwari during his campaigning faces unexpected questions from the people but wherever he goes he encounters a single question most of the time.  Being a film industry guy will he stay and look after the constituency or ran away?   “Tum bhagoge tho nahi. This is what I keep hearing from the people. I assure them that unlike my predecessors (people from film industry) I am not going run away and to stay for live long in this constituency,” he said.

He feels sorry for the people from where Bollywood actors contested as after winning they never returned to see their condition.  “All the people from film industry who earlier were elected will face problems in their constituencies. Being a celebrity will not make you win election this time. There is no option as you have to work for people,” he said.

He also had to explain the people about five year development for the constituency.  “I ask me what I will in next five years,” he said.

This man is busy and is working out around 17 hours to make connect with the people. He starts his day at 7: 30 and thereafter carries out pad yatras in his constituency till 12 noon.  Between 12 to 1 am he meets his party workers and interacts with them and tries to know the problems in the areas.  From 1 to 2 he keep time for himself for lunch and to rest. “Most of the time, I miss my lunch as some assignments some up in between,” he said. 

From 2: 30, he starts meeting people in jan sabhas at various places scheduled beforehand by the party workers and by 10 pm he return to his party office where he does his dinner and again meet the party workers.  “After that most of the days, I go for some special interaction with people organsied by them,” said Tiwari adding that h returns home by 2 am in early morning.

“I have to build confidence among the people and win their heart,” he added.
ENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment